Tell your story and tag us in your pictures from events and projects @unitedinteriors #unitedinteriors. We may feature you on our social or website. Please check event website for updated information.
World Interiors Day
IFI WID activities are independently organized and vary in type, size, and location. Activities range from individual showcases, to small group discussions, to large city-wide events. Individuals may work with local and/or national organizations to connect their group to larger celebrations that engage multiple communities. IFI supports proactive events that respect all peoples, societies and cultures. Here are some ways IFI WID can be celebrated in the future:
- Raise public awareness with your local government on the power of interior design, and how well designed interiors can improve life quality, and harmony in your community. Activities for advocacy are encouraged.
- Have your city adopt the IFI Interiors Declaration in honor of IFI World Interiors Day. By adopting the IFI Interiors Declaration, your city joins a vast and influential network of urban leaders who have pledged their support to progressive design that promotes social and economic development for citizens. To learn more about how to adopt the IFI Interiors Declaration, please email, email@example.com.
- Explore public spaces in your neighborhood or city. Map out how you might use borders more effectively and/or disrupt them.
- Open studios – interior architects/designers may showcase interior spaces that are normally closed to the public. Combine several of these open door programs to create a walking tour that also display your city’s public spaces.
- Open your practice and invite the public in to see how interior architects/designers work and the environments in which they design.
- Exhibitions, art events and trade shows for a curated experience of art and design that cut across borders.
- Lectures, talks, discussions by interior architects/designers, built environment industry members, and other experts at schools, public libraries, or other groups with a broad range of expertise.
- Multi-disciplinary panels and events that engage design institutions and organizations
- Kids’ activities for the next generation of designers! Work with educators to engage children in a range of creative, practical or fun experiences that raise their awareness of the spaces that surround them.
Tell your story and tag us in your pictures of the event @unitedinteriors #unitedinteriors. We may feature you on our social or website.